ISP Setup and Administration using MikroTik
This training course will provide you with the skills to configure a MikroTik RouterOS Router board as a dedicated router, a bandwidth manager, a secure firewall appliance, a simple wireless access point, a VPN Server or Client or an Internet Hotspot concentrator etc. It is a course that covers the basics for those that new to MikroTik Router OS (or is struggling to understand it!) and concentrates on the basics of setting up a MikroTik device. .
After successfully completing the course attendees will be able to installing and upgrading the RouterOS, first login to the RouterOS using RouterBOARD, creating a simple network, static IP addressing and routing, basic dynamic routing using OSPF, creating a DHCP server and client, firewall filters and NAT rules, various VPN Tunnel types, simple queues for bandwidth control, hotspot configuration, wireless networks, web proxy for URL Filtering control and caching and The Dude.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at network administrators, integrators, managers, IT consultants and other technical users who already use or would like to start using Mikrotik RouterOS for their routing, firewall, hotspot and wireless projects. It is also a good introduction to routing and firewall systems, especially in a wireless environment.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and routing. We will be expanding on this during the course, but we suggest that the participants have a good working knowledge of IP addressing and routing.
- Basic knowledge of wired and wireless networking.
36 Hours, 12 Classes, 3 Hours per class
- Lesson 01: MikroTik Installation, license and package up gradation
- Lesson 02: IP Access and NAT
- Lesson 03: Bandwidth Manage
- Lesson 04: IP Restriction, DHCP Server, User Management and MRTG
- Lesson 05: Proxy Configuration
- Lesson 06: Tools Introduction, Monitoring and E-mail Backup-Restore
- Lesson 07:Bridge, NTP, VLAN
- Lesson 08: PPPoE server Configuration
- Lesson 09: Routing
- Lesson 10: Firewall and Log Generate
- Lesson 11: VPN Configuration
- Lesson 12: Link Redundancy Solution
- Lesson 13: Hotspot Solution
- Lesson 14: Wireless, Fiber, Radio Link Configuration